Clear hardware protectors to ensure the hardware on your handbag remains looking new & free from damage
Retain re-sell value by keeping the hardware looking like new
Fully removable, non permanent
You will receive one protector to cover the large external piece of hardware, plus one free sample and our placement tabs
Please note; these are hardware protectors & not actual hardware
These handbag hardware protectors© are designed and created by us in England, the brand name is purely for identification purposes only, they are not endorsed nor do they have any affiliation with Louis Vuitton
- Make sure the surface the protector is going to be fitted to is clean and free from dirt, dust or silicon based polish
- Remove any cut outs from the protector
- Place the protector placement tabs onto the protector, avoiding any cut outs
- Peel away the protector from the backing sheet using the placement tabs
- Align protector up using placement tabs and any circular holes as a guidance
- Place down protector
- Gently peel away placement tabs (make sure to do this gently so you don't re-lift the protector)
- Use and enjoy your handbag without any worries of scratched hardware!
Please note; whilst our protectors can conceal existing scratches, our protectors should not be used on already peeling or flaking hardware, if you are unsure whether your hardware is suitable, please get in touch and we'd be happy to help.
* Monday 27th May Re-opening * All orders placed week commencing 27th May will be shipped on either Friday 31st May or Monday 3rd June, after which normal service will resume. We apologies for this initial delay, this is to allow us to cope with the initial large influx of orders.
We create, pack & ship every single protector directly from our HQ and do our absolute best to ship orders as soon as possible.
Your order will be shipped directly by us from the UK, we use Royal Mail to ship all orders and they have the following shipping times & costs:
99p / £3.99* First class
£1.99 / £4.99* First class signed (With tracking)
- Aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays
Rest of world
£2.99 / £8.99* International Standard (No tracking)
£7.99 / £12.99* International Tracked & Signed
- Aims to deliver to Europe in 3 to 5 working days
- Aims to deliver to the rest of the world in 5 to 7 working days
* Higher shipping rates are for leather care products due to size & weight
Please note that items shipped outside of the United Kingdom may be subject to import duties, taxes and/or charges which are not included in the total cost of your order, nor will they be covered or reimbursed by The Handbag Haven. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to placing your order.
We want you to be happy with your order, if for any reason you aren't please get in touch! We take customer service extremely seriously and hope our hundreds of 5* reviews vouch for this!
If you change your mind simply return goods in an unused condition within 14 days of order for a full re-fund! (Original postage costs will not be re-funded)
Regrettably handbag ID tags which have been customised may not be returned
Please make sure your order number is included within your return and goods are sent back to:
The Handbag Haven
27 Old Gloucester Street,
Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, daily! Full shipping info can be found on each product page or here
Are your protectors invisible?
No, but scratches aren't either ;) they are as invisible as we can possibly get them. Placement plays a huge part in how visible they will be as does the hardware, by following our guide & tutorials you will be maximising the chances of them being least visible.
Will they damage the hardware?
Absolutely not! Our protectors have been extensively tested on various types of hardware.
Are your protectors removable?
Yes! Our protectors are fully removable, upon removal you may find some adhesive residue, this is perfectly normal and can be removed via our new heart sticky's which are now included with every protector, our remover wipes which can be found here or with a cotton bud / q-tip and some soapy water.
How often should I replace my protectors?
There is no set time scale for replacement as it will depend on how often the item is used and in which conditions, as a general rule we say that items used on a daily basis should have their protectors changed between 6-12 months, items used less often should have their protectors changed every 18-24 months. This will prevent any corners lifting which could allow dust to trap underneath.
My hardware is already scratched / damaged, should I still use a protector?
Dependant on the hardware type and severity of scratch, our protectors can work as great concealers! However, if your hardware is already flaking or peeling we would not recommend using a protector as upon removal the protector may adhere to the already damaged hardware. If you are in doubt, send us a picture of your hardware and we'd be happy to help!
You don't have my handbag listed, do you have protectors that will fit?
If we don't have your handbag listed please drop us a message, we can either check to see if we have protectors which may fit or add your handbag to our request list.